Sports form an integral component of Indian culture. In your opinion, which sports of indigenous origin hold the potential of being popularized globally? What steps can be taken in this regard? Elaborate.
Sports and religion, and cinema are three major forces which unites India. Since Vedic period Indian has played many different games like archery, kabbadi, swimming, and other adventure games has references in Indian epics. In different parts of India, we have witnessed different games popular with local people, important for physical fitness and integrating society.
At present Kabbadi, chess, card games, martial arts, kho kho, Polo, snooker, wrestling and so on which has Indian origin and already globally known or has potential to get popularized globally. India has given champions in Kabbadi, Chess, snooker, martial arts, and wrestling.
To popularize Indian origin games like Kabbadi and Kho Kho at global sports map many innovative steps can be plan
- Initiatives like Pro Kabbadi and Pro wrestling league has brought lot of attraction among youth. To include foreign players into will make it more global in presence.
- Government and private funding need to support for Indian players and Indian games to promote in other nations.
- Technology can be a great savior as online games for different Indian origin games can be designed and marketed well at online game market.
- Professional and efficient game managers need to market the games and keep it separate from politics
- Need active push to include Indian games like Kabbadi and chess to make it part of international game events like Olympic.
It all will give positive outcome when India will have internal system to push for these games. We need youth to get attract for these games. For that at regional level, interstate level, and national level regular sport events need to be facilitated and encourage youth for that.
Criminalization of politics and politicization of crimes seem to have reached the pinnacle of complementarily. Do you agree? Substantiate by giving examples. Also discuss the fallouts of this scenario
Since age of Mauryan Empire, criminal and political relation is integral part of state governance. Recent example of Mathura Land grabbing case is again one glaring example of it. Criminalization of politics and politics in crime are complementary as
- Criminal background people as MLAs and MPs are common in our system; ADR Data tells that around 25% MPs have serious criminal allegation.
- Politicians and criminals common understanding has been seen in land grabbing, licensing, arranging illegal arms and liquor, and so on.
- Election fund openly used by politicians arranged from criminal activities like illegal alcohol business.
- Many policy steps and favoritism policy is leading for crony capitalism.
- Criminal activities like post election riots in many states are sole political motivated.
This proximity of politics and criminals has very heavy cost for democratic nations like India because
- Citizens get de motivated from whole system and it is the grave symbol of failure of democracy
- Innovation, talent and intelligence get drain out as in many Indian states
- It increase conflict among three major organs of democracy
- Pseudo dictatorship rules the nation where idea of constitutionalism can not flourish which is base of Indian democracy.
- Business prospects get set back and so many economical problems arises
- Honest people will hesitant to become part of political system.
To overcome this scenario many radical steps need to put place at union and states level EC needs more power, people awareness is a key against such challenges; also political parties need to be more transparent for source of money and its use.
What is the ‘sourcing condition’ clause of India’s FDI policy? There have been constant discussions and debates over the issue of removing this clause from the policy. Why? Is it really required? Examine
India has allowed 100% FDI in retail sector with one clause “sourcing Condition” which is more in debate for wrong reasons. Under this clause any foreign company with more than 51% stake need to do 30% sourcing of the values of goods in India. Companies who are sharing the advance technology for good production are exempted from this clause.
This clause has some advantage as
- Will generate jobs and economic scope in country
- Will help to grow Indian GDP if production happens within nation territory.
- Advance technology and better business practices will percolate to Indian market.
- MSME sector will get the boost as they will have potential demand to produce augmented products for big brands.
- Will reduce BOP burden.
This clause has certain loop holes as
- Many luxurious international brands like Apple who are willing to enter in India are not agreed with this clause and so it is potentially hindering the FDI flow in India.
- From starting itself technology shift and FDI investment for 30% may not be practically feasible for multinational companies. So enforcing it is not the right policy.
- Still India do not have satisfactory ranking in “ease of doing business” so without working on basic infrastructure and other business aspects any such clause will upset the investors.
- Luxury brands have limited sale and very specific market. To cater that market it may not be feasible for companies to start business in India. For instance Apple has less than 5% share in Indian market.
India need to make better business environment and help customer prosperity so in long run brands will come by choice as it happened in China.