Media is the intellectual fodder of a nation. However, in India, there is an urgent need to make media more responsible and accountable. Do you agree? Examine.
Media is known as fourth pillar of democracy and its role in today society is critical for sustaining democracy. People understand VARIOUS ISSUES, MAKE PERSPECTIVE, KEEP MOVEMENT ALIVE ON VARIOUS ISSUES, DISCUSS, AND DEBATE THROUGH MEDIA OUTSIDE THE PARLIAMENT. However media itself is in debate for many wrong issues which need to be fixed
- PAID MEDIA– Media is largely paid today from one or other sources. So it get blame frequently for supporting specific political parties, corporate houses, sustain campaign for money and so on. It is act to misguide the viewers and dangerous precedence.
- ILLOGICAL ISSUES- today electric media present illogical news which has been created just to run channels. Issues like horror, aliens, and other news get space without any logical support.
- MISGUIDE PUBLIC– recent in Kairana issue media seen as misguide on the issue and all made own perception on issue based on political backing. Such issues need sensible handling which our media misses at times.
- INSENSITIVE– in Nepal earthquake our media insensitivity was criticized by Nepal state. Similar in terror attack in Maharashtra media was totally insensitive towards core problem.
- OLIGOPOLY ON NEWS- today more and more news channels are owned by few corporate houses. Purity and unbiased nature of news get threat by it.
- MEDIA TRIAL– as many issues get much hype in media and people set mindset as per available news without going in detail as it need to be done.
WAY FORWARD-electric and print media need to do self regulation to make it competitive especially when internet is chasing it past. Government also needs to set regulator by consensus to set best guidelines for media. To check paid news, strong legal action has been needed against channels.
The Indian diaspora is spread all over the world. For Indians working in war zones and sensitive areas, there is a need to set up facilitation centres and also have evacuation plans ready for times of crisis. Discuss in light of the problems faced by the Indian diaspora.
Indian Diaspora is across the world in different nations providing important skilled support. A majority of share is working in sensitive areas like Middle East nations which are politically unstable, Pacific region islands vulnerable for natural calamity and so on. Diaspora faces many challenges like visa issues, language problem, unknown to local law and order situation, racism, communal comments, sometime physical harassment, mental torture, and aloofness.
At the time of crisis their security is the priority of Indian government; for that many steps need to take-
EMBASSY ROLE– is most critical at time of crisis; embassy need to have regular discussion, contacts, information sharing system, alternative action plan before evacuation, and critical political relations to ensure safety of people at key hours.
LOCAL CENTERS– like rehabilitation camp for Diaspora at crisis time; it may not be permanent system but local people with help of embassy need to know about the place and strategy how to set it.
DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS- are the only savor to ensure the connectivity. Local people, embassy, and government need to ensure it at all level. Air force and navy need plan to save maximum life from war zone and calamity hit areas especially in land lock nations.
COMMUNICATION– in Middle East region people go from diff states, belongs to different nations, and has different understanding of issues. In such complex scenario a reliable communication mode across the region with maximum people coverage will serve a great purpose.
Indian Diaspora challenges at crisis time can be manage well with proper synchronization of political leadership, armed forces action plan, diplomatic relations, Embassy, and sensibility of diaspora who stuck in crisis.